Friday, March 07, 2008

An update to my MBA application status

It's been a while since I have updated my MBA application status.

To date, I have received ding from both Chicago GSB and MIT Sloan. Considering that I didn't write a satisfactory series of essay for R1, that is sort of understandable. For R2, I applied for Berkeley Haas (no news to date, possibly a ding too), Carnegie Mellon Tepper and UT Austin McCombs. Apparently my luck(and essays) turned better for R2, for I got interviews invitations from both Tepper and McCombs.

I have already completed the hub interview for Tepper, so I can share some info regarding that. It appears that CMU Tepper interviews a quite large proportion of applicants, considering that for R2 alone Tepper has invited 30 applicants in Taiwan for interview. According to past statistics, Tepper might recruit only 3-4 applicants from Taiwan for R2, making my chances as slim as 10%. So, it might be safe to conclude that an interview invitation from Tepper is not as encouraging as it might appear to be. Anyway, we will know the result of my speculation on March 17th, so wish myself best of luck!


Technorati Tags:

No comments: