Monday, May 26, 2008

Ubuntu: "Netbook Remix" Ubuntu for Ultraportables Coming in June

Ubuntu: "Netbook Remix" Ubuntu for Ultraportables Coming in June

Ubuntu has made a good move. Asus has been making an Debian based distro of its own; isn't Ubuntu supposed to do this job?

As I have bought a new notebook and installed Windows Vista bundled with the system, I decided that I will stay using Windows for my MBA study. With Ubuntu, we have solved almost all basic computing necessity, but omitted some higher-end ones. I still can't work with webcam that my laptop has bundled. While under Linux I never worry about the need of running a windows application (which can be done with wine), hardware drivers of all peripherals is not 100% yet. And that would make my skype useless. A pity.

Hopefully some extended relationship with hardware manufacturers can strengthen this regard.

No comments: